YOKOHAMA – Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., today held its 108th Ordinary General Meeting of Shareholders at the National Convention Hall of Yokohama. The meeting lasted for 2 hours 27 minutes beginning at 10:00 JST and concluded at 12:27 JST. This year, a total of 2,135 shareholders attended the meeting, which is record attendance.
All current nine members of its Board of Directors attended the meeting. President and CEO Carlos Ghosn delivered an address to the shareholders, reporting on the company’s fiscal year 2006 sales and financial performance, Nissan Value-Up mid-term business plan progress, FY2007 outlook and future strategies focused on brand-building, new product offensive and R&D innovations.
Nissan proposed a 17-yen-per-share year-end dividend, giving a full-year dividend of 34 yen per share for FY2006, and to maintain the proposed 40 yen per share for FY2007.
- The five items tabled for deliberation by the stakeholders include:
- Approval of Appropriation of Retained Earnings for the 108th Fiscal Year.
- Approval of the Delegation to the Board of Director in deciding the Terms and Conditions of the Issuance of “Shinkabu-Yoyakuken” (stock acquisition right) without Consideration as Stock Options to Employees of the Company and Directors and Employees of its Affiliates.
- Election of Ten (10) Directors due to Expiration of Term of All Directors. (Proposal for ten directors, including one additional director, to be elected.)
- Granting of Share Appreciation Rights (SAR) to the Directors.
- Granting of Retirement Allowances to the Directors and Statutory Auditors in relation to the abolition of such Allowances.
All five items were voted by majority of shareholders and approved as presented.