- The first vehicle rolls off the production line at the plant in Oragadam, Chennai
- It comes in multiple powertrains of 1.0L B4D Petrol, 1.0L HRA0 Petrol MT and CVT
- It will be offered in XE, XL, XV Upper and XV Premium grades
- It is equipped with Nissan's signature X-TRONIC CVT, Cruise Control, 360-degree Around View Monitor and Nissan Connect
New Delhi – Nissan India announces the start of production of the all-new Nissan Magnite at its plant in Oragadam, Chennai. Built on the philosophy of "Make in India, Make for the World", the all-new Nissan Magnite marks the beginning of a new chapter in the Nissan NEXT strategy for the Indian and global market.
"RNAIPL is thrilled to commemorate the start of production of the all-new Nissan Magnite. We are also exploring opportunities to export this big, bold, beautiful and carismatic SUV. This is a colossal milestone for us, and we are proud of producing a SUV equipped with intuitive packaging and human-centric engineering that is inspired by India and designed in Japan," said Biju Balendran, MD & CEO, RNAIPL.
Combined with Nissan's Cruise Control, the all-new Nissan Magnite's signature X-TRONIC CVT gearbox with wider gear range delivers seamless performance even in peak city traffic. It also sports the powerful HRA0 engine which delivers higher torque at a lower speed and adopts the "mirror bore cylinder coating" technology from world-class sportscars such as the Nissan GT-R. This reduces resistance inside the engine and delivers smooth acceleration and efficient use of fuel, making the all-new Nissan Magnite one of the most fuel-efficient SUVs in the market currently.
The all-new Nissan Magnite will also be available with the B4D engine which offers the perfect equilibrium of performance and fuel economy with its 5-speed manual transmission. Paired with Nissan's dual VVT system that delivers maximum response at all revs and ensures optimum acceleration, the B4D engine is the ideal choice that delivers power at a lower maintenance cost.
Rakesh Srivastava, Managing Director, Nissan Motor India, commented: "The start of production of the all-new Nissan Magnite is a proud moment for all of us. With an array of first-in-class and best-in-segment features, each grade walk has been curated to meet the aspirations of the discerning Indian customer. In line with Nissan's philosophy of continuous innovation to deliver enriching experiences, Nissan's renowned technologies are provided at every grade, including the X-TRONIC CVT, Cruise Control, 360-degree Around View Monitor and Nissan Connect."
To meet demands and redefine the growing SUV segment in our country, the all-new Nissan Magnite will cater to multiple aspirants with multiple options:
- XE (Base) comes with standard 16-inch wheels, skid plates, functional roof rails, 3.5-inch LCD cluster, all-power windows and dual tone interiors for a true entry into the SUV experience
- XL (Mid) comes with 6 speakers for integrated audio, steering wheel audio control, automatic AC and electrically adjustable & foldable outside mirrors for a comfortable upgrade
- XV (High) revamps the technological experience with 16-inch diamond cut alloys, LED daytime running lamps (DRL) and foglamps, 8-inch floating touch screen (with Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto), 7-inch TFT meter, voice recognition, rear-view camera and push-button start
- XV (Premium) is packed with technologies such as the LED bi-projector headlamps, Cruise Control, 360-degree Around View Monitor, tire pressure monitor and full sporty interiors
For the technological savvy customer, Nissan's optional `Tech Pack' includes wireless charger, air purifier, ambient mood lighting, puddle lamps and high-end speakers from JBL. With multiple engine and transmission options, the all-new Nissan Magnite is offered in:
- 1.0-liter B4D naturally aspirated petrol engine with 5-speed manual transmission
- 1.0-liter HRA0 Turbo petrol engine with 5-speed manual & CVT transmission
1.0L B4D Petrol MT
1.0L HRA0 Petrol MT
1.0L HRA0 Petrol CVT
# # #
About Nissan Motor India Pvt. Ltd.
Nissan Motor India Private Ltd. (NMIPL) is a 100 percent subsidiary of Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. Japan. The company was incorporated in 2005 and offers innovative and exciting products across the hatchback, MUV, SUV and sedan segments in India. Nissan together with its global alliance partner Renault set up a manufacturing plant and a Research & Development Centre near Chennai. Nissan in India has a portfolio of two brands, Nissan and Datsun. For more information, visit www.nissan.in.
FOR FURTHER MEDIA QUERIES PLEASE CONTACT:
Nissan Motor India Pvt. Ltd.